|Theory||1 hour||5 days||11 weeks||55 hours|
|Online Sessions (By Experts)||2 hours||*6 days||-||12 hours|
|Practical||5.30 hours||6 days||1 week||33 hours|
|Total Hours||100 hours|
Monthly two sessions of two hours of online lectures/ counselling sessions each on 1st Saturday and 3rd Saturday from 11 am to 1.00 pm
1.1 Definition of Deafblindness, Multi- Sensory Impairment and Multiple Disabilities
1.2 History of Deafblindness in India
1.3 Causes and Impact of Deafblindness
2.1 Screening and Identification
2.2 Assessment and Importance of Assessment
2.3 Types of Assessment - Clinical and Functional Assessment
2.4 Screening and Assessment Checklist
3.1 Introduction to Communication
3.2 Modes and types of Communication
3.3 Fostering communication
3.4 Augmentative and Alternative Communication
4.1 Introduction and procedures to write an IEP
4.2 Teaching strategies
4.3 Teaching reading and writing
4.4 Planning functional activities
5.1 Sighted guide technique
5.2 Indoor and Outdoor Mobility
6.1 Preparation of Indigenous teaching learning materials
6.2 Awareness of special aids and appliances (Braille, Taylor’s frame, Abacus, Hearing aids, Low vision equipment)
7.1 Environmental modification and Learning Rich Environment
7.2 Awareness and knowledge on curriculum adaptation
1. Conduct functional assessment of vision and hearing for two children with Deafblindness of different age group. Write and present assessment report of these children.
2. Develop an IEP for one child with Deafblindness.
3. Develop low cost functional assessment kit to be used in homes, schools and community.
4. Write functional assessment report of the child with recommendations.
5. Prepare communication profile for one child based on assessment findings recommend intervention approaches for the child.
All Rights Reserved | Copyright 2018 © Triz Innoavation